Talk

Advanced search

Toddlers & pillows? Too young???

(6 Posts)
Ineedmetime Wed 13-Jul-11 12:50:28

just wondered what age other children are when you let them have a pillow in bed? my daughter is 2 years 8 months and still sometimes sleeps on her front, for this reason I still haven't gave her a pillow, would like to hear what other parents do or think about when it is safe to let toddlers/children have a pillow in bed

Iggly Wed 13-Jul-11 12:53:05

DS is nearly 22 months and has a pillow in his cot but under his sheet because I think it's safer. When he goes to a bed, he'll have a pillow but not sure if it'll be under his sheet. He moves around so much though not sure he'll use it!

xStrugglingMumx Wed 13-Jul-11 12:54:24

I think DD was about 2 years old before we gave her a pillow even although they say it’s safe after a year. We bought DD one of the very thin cot pillows from Mothercare and she still uses that and is 4 years old.

Firawla Wed 13-Jul-11 13:24:28

i think the guidelines say after 12 months is fine? mine had from 20 months as thats when i took the sides off his cot so got him duvet, pillow etc. has been fine

BertieBotts Wed 13-Jul-11 13:28:33

They can have them from a year. DS is 2.9 and likes to have a thin one, but often slips down off it anyway as he wriggles so much.

earshot Wed 13-Jul-11 13:38:41

We also used a thin kids one from ikea from 18 months for DS who is a tummy sleeper and he's been fine. Though to be honest it looks more for show as I'm sure it doesn't add much comfort!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now