Talk

Advanced search

DS 16 months crying when left at CM

(2 Posts)
sprinkles77 Tue 12-Jul-11 22:44:35

I assume this is just a phase. When I dropped him last week I waited in the other room and he stopped after about 1 minute. Usually DH drops him though. Today DH said DS started crying as they approached the front door and then took ages to settle (IMO DH makes a bit of a meal out of leaving). When I collected DS today the helpers said that he'd been very clingy all day and cried a lot when he normally is very cheerful and plays nicely by himself of with others. He has a bit of a cold and is teething. Is it fair to put some of this down to him feeling under the weather? Its so hard cos he only goes one day a week and I think he forgets what it's all about sometimes. He's been going for about 2 months and at first he loved it, and I think he's getting lots out of it. SO why the change? Is it cos he's now realised he'll be without us all day?

homeedmam11 Wed 13-Jul-11 09:28:11

I know teething and colds can make them very clingy. Have you tried him with calpol? He is also a little older now and may realise more just whats happening, bless him! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now