Talk

Advanced search

15 weeks and still crying all the time...

(3 Posts)
nomoreminibreaks Mon 11-Jul-11 23:04:06

My DS is now 15 weeks old and suffers from what we assume is colic - he's been on infacol, then dentinox, then colief and dentinox - now on infant gaviscon (prescribed) and I've reintroduced colief after he was a nightmare on just gaviscon alone. He seemed to perk up a lot with the latest combo for a few days but has now gone back to his old self (basically never happy, always seems uncomfortable and cries a lot). It's soul destroying as I thought we'd come through it and we haven't - I feel like I had a glimpse of what it is to really enjoy having a baby!

He is EBF and we don't have any big problems feeding, although he sometimes gets fussy towards the end of a feed when it seems like he has a tummy ache.

He does sleep through the night - sometimes 9 or 10 hours - and I think this is the only reason I haven't completely cracked up... yet!

He had a 'traumatic' birth as he was 9lb 11oz (4 hours of pushing plus ventouse then forceps) so I'm wondering if cranial osteopathy might be the answer?

Just looking to see if anyone else is in the same boat or came through it and at how many weeks - the usual answer of it getting better at 12 weeks came and went...sad

thisisyesterday Mon 11-Jul-11 23:07:02

cranial osteopathy def worth a go IMO.

that said, my second baby acted a lot like yours, only without the sleeping... he was reacting to dairy and egg in my diet. might be worth keeping a food diary for a bit and seeing if he is worse on days when you have had more than usual amount of anyhting?>

BlueArmyGirl Tue 12-Jul-11 22:32:20

Was just gonna say the same as thisisyesterday, is there anything in your diet that he might be sensitive to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now