Talk

Advanced search

9 month old 'attacks' other babies

(3 Posts)
alicemac83 Mon 11-Jul-11 22:14:54

My nine month old dd is a very happy little thing and absolutely loves other babies and children. When she spots another baby she'll crawl straight up and try to grab their face/hair. I know she's only trying to be friendly but I'm worried that she'll hurt another child. Sometimes even toddlers run away from her!
So far I've not met another baby like her - and I'm constantly having to follow her around to protect other babies from her!
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks!! XX

monkoray Tue 12-Jul-11 08:13:24

Don't worry its perfectly normal. You just need to teach her to touch gently. Do you have pets? I had to teach ds how to touch the cat gently, taking his hand and softly stroking. Its the same principle with other babies. They all do it at some stage, your dd is probably just a bit more advanced.

alicemac83 Tue 12-Jul-11 09:58:37

Thanks monkoray, that makes me feel better! We're starting a nanny share in October and the other baby is much gentler - I'm worried that she'll be terrified of my baby!
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now