Talk

Advanced search

Super-sucky baby won't take dummy!

(6 Posts)

DD is 8 weeks old nearly and very very sucky. She is EBF and won't take a dummy despite my various attempts of various brands and she's currently making herself gag by ramming her hand in her mouth sad Any tips? I keep offering her the boob but every time my milk lets down she gets annoyed as thats not what she's after.

MrsCobes44 Mon 11-Jul-11 20:54:18

Hi there

I found the tommy tipee 'cherry' dummies worked with my ds. He was also a very sucky baby!

Could be worth a try!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 11-Jul-11 20:56:06

dd2 was like this - it's very wearing
<understatement>
at about 14 weeks she was able to suck her fingers efficiently, rather than poking herself in the face, and all was right with the world again.

JollySergeantJackrum Mon 11-Jul-11 20:59:57

Ds sucks my finger a lot. He has (today) at 11 weeks discovered his thumb. Hallelujah. Good luck!

flippyfloppy Mon 11-Jul-11 22:01:12

Same problem here! DS ebf and 6 weeks old, he would quite happily suck on boob all day and like yours he also gets livid if he just wants to suck and milk comes out! I've tried almost every dummy on the market but I feel cruel now as he obviously doesn't want one, he pulls his face in disgust when I try to put it in mouth. I think he will start to suck fingers/thumb as he appears to be trying at the moment but ends up hitting himself in the face poor thing! It's puzzling as my daughter was a dummy lover and DS is prone to overtired meltdowns, a perfect situation where I am sure a dummy would work magic! I'll watch this thread with interest for any advice!

Well it's reassuring to know it's not just my dd! I've triedthe cherry teat tommy tipper ones and she just can't get her head round it. Literally. The only thing that's rattling round my brain is something the dentist said in that you can always take a dummy off a child but you can't take her thumb off her confused let me know if you find a magic solution!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now