Talk

Advanced search

Advise needed-Wheel board or new double buggy????

(10 Posts)
VeronaH Sat 09-Jul-11 16:09:23

Hi
would like some advise ont his please, we are due baby number 2 in a few weeks and we have a 15 month old who has just started cruising around not fully walking or standing alone yet, we are just wondering would it be beter to get a wheel board (attachment for toddler to stand on at the back of bugaboo) we have a bugaboo chamelaon or we are thinking of getting a phil and teds, but are thinking the 15month old might be able to stand on a wheel board instead of buying a new buggy. does anyone have any advise experience with this and what did you pick, new buggy or make first child stand on wheel board???

hope this post makes sense!!
thanks

hazeyjane Sat 09-Jul-11 19:35:39

I would go double buggy, for these reasons

1) rain
2) place to nap
3) place to put if having tantrum
4) buggy board not great for back

ie It is very difficult to hold an overtired, tantrummy toddler on a buggy board, especially if it is raining, and you have a bad back!

LowLevelWhiiingeing Sat 09-Jul-11 19:37:58

DEFINITELY double buggy. I made do with a buggy board and cursed the fecker every time we went out.

hazeyjane's reasons are all true. And also, toddlers get tired of standing on it if you're walking any distance.

NonnoMum Sat 09-Jul-11 19:41:11

Deffo double buggy.

Get a decent one if you can afford it - often a second hand one from ebay will work out good value.

Octaviapink Sat 09-Jul-11 20:21:05

Get a Joovy Caboose - it's got a footplate they can stand on to see forward as well as a seat for them to sit on and face you when they get tired. You can get a raincover for it, it's suitable from birth because it comes with a carseat attachment and it's only the size of a single buggy. Mine has revolutionised my life.
http://joovy.net/joovystore/Caboose_orange.php
Also it's very cheap to import! Mine was £180 brand new including shipping from the US.

yawningbear Sat 09-Jul-11 20:27:07

Would agree with others especially given the age of your LO. We got a Phil and Ted's and stuck a buggy board on the Bugaboo just to be safe! Turns out DD loves the board and the P & T has barely been used but she is much older than your DS, 2.3 when DS was born and a good walker. We got the P & T's on gumtree and they seem to hold there re-sale value so given that your DS is still only quite little I would go for a double. If you can keep the Bugaboo and get it back out in a few months time with a board on that might be a good option too.

BernadetteRostenkowski Sat 09-Jul-11 20:54:20

I have 15 months between mine and I went for the phil and teds, so very glad that I went for a double.

Once my eldest started walking we got a buggy board too and if I am just popping out for 5-10minutes walking, maybe to the park, she can manage on that. If we are going to be out for longer then I use the P&T. They are 1yr and 2yrs now and still gets lots of use from the P&T. She is quite good at walking but 1.5 hours really is the max she can manage, so on a day out she really can't manage without being able to get in the buggy. Without the double we wouldn't manage day trips out at all.

We also have an excellent sling btw and get good use out of that too. Feel free to PM me if there is anything you want to know about how I found a 15 month gap, its been fun!

VeronaH Sat 09-Jul-11 22:25:46

hi everyone, thanks so much for all the feedback, my husband just found this on the net does anyone have one and if so what do you think. http://www.bambinipronto.com.au/Product-kid-sit-board-1348.aspx i dont think its a great solution as rain etc and coming into winter it may be ideal.

think the overall consensus is the double buggy. thanks again for the feedback really appreciate it.

VeronaH Sat 09-Jul-11 22:34:17

www.bambinipronto.com.au/Product-kid-sit-board-1348.aspx

Kity Sun 10-Jul-11 09:53:00

Hi there, I second the majority opinion. Go for the double buggy. Our DS was just about to turn 2 when our DD was born and we ummmed and ahhhhed over the double buggy situation. My DS was quite a bit older than yours is now and although he could and would happily walk places he got tired easily so it restricted us a little bit as to where we went. We got a buggy board and he loved that but he wanted to sit down rather than stand to start with.
Now he's almost 3, he's happy to walk and when he does get a bit tired he will happily go on the board and stand. Because of the ages of yours you will get good use out of a double buggy, I didn't think it was worth the money for the use we would get.
The Bambini pronto looks great but expensive! I would spend your money on a good double buggy, with a 15 month old you have a while to go before they'll happily walk around for a long time imo
Hope that helps
k

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now