Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No teeth yet. Where the heck are they?!

(13 Posts)
NinjaTurtle Sat 09-Jul-11 11:53:24

Hi,
DD is 10 months and has no teeth yet. She began to show signs of teething from around 2 months, but for a few months now, no sign of teething at all. She seems to have done everything else earlier than her peers, sitting at 5 months, crawling at 8 1/2, cruising from 9 1/2, standing unaided for short periods and climbing stairs. Yet, most babies her age seem to have at least two teeth. What age would it become a real concern?

TIA

NickNacks Sat 09-Jul-11 11:56:14

Don't fear! DD is also 10 months and this morning woke up with not one but two little bottom teeth just breaking through.

I've never heard of a baby not having any teeth but take her to the dentist if your worried.

ilovesprouts Sat 09-Jul-11 11:56:33

i would not worry too much ,they will come

Madlizzy Sat 09-Jul-11 11:58:39

My niece's first tooth came through around her 1st birthday.

JenniL1977 Sat 09-Jul-11 11:59:19

My friend's little girl didn't get any of her teeth until she was 1, then got 4 all at once. Try not to fret about it, they'll come.

mumatron Sat 09-Jul-11 12:00:06

My dd1 was 18 months before she got het first tooth.

mankyscotslass Sat 09-Jul-11 12:02:29

DD got her first tooth at 11 mths.

exoticfruits Sat 09-Jul-11 12:08:26

Mine were late-it is much better-they lost them late too.

NinjaTurtle Sat 09-Jul-11 13:28:49

Thanks for the replies, has put my mind at rest a bit, since I don't know of any babies around her age who don't have any yet, and I got mine when I was around 6 months I think. I'm hoping they might come through with little fuss since they're late smile

lucilastic Sat 09-Jul-11 22:39:30

My DC didn't have any teeth till she was about 13/14 months. By the age of 2.5 she had them all. I have heard that the longer they take to come through the stronger they are. Not sure if it's true though.

ThePippy Mon 11-Jul-11 15:22:35

DD was exactly the same - I was sure she was teething early around 2 months then but she didn't get a single tooth until 13.5months and by that point there was very little in the way of teething signs. When she was 19 months she suddenly sprung 3 molars out of the blue without a minutes discomfort. I suspected that the late arrival meant she was able to deal with the discomfort better. She now has all 8 incisors and 3 molars and she is almost 23 months. I think her canines are now ready to make an appearance so she might well have caught up to "normal" by the time she is 2. It has really not made much difference to her except that until the molars were out I would say she wasn't able to eat quite as wide a range of foods as the average 19 month old.

KnitterNotTwitter Mon 11-Jul-11 15:25:56

DS got his first tooth at 11.5mo.... I was delighted as it made the BFing much easier smile

wearymum200 Mon 11-Jul-11 22:10:01

I was nearly 2.5 before i got any teeth, was expecting both DC to be late. DS1 was 11m, DD2 15m (still waiting on DD2's molars and she's over 2.5.....)
Both DC ate everything without any/ many teeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now