Talk

Advanced search

Picky about where to nap

(6 Posts)
chellenemily Thu 07-Jul-11 21:02:27

I have a 9 week old who will only nap during the day in her swing! There is a slight recline on it but not enough to lie her flat. I read babies should not sleep in prams etc in the safe sleeping campaign and am worried this may restrict her breathing (although her breathing is not heavy or anything). I have a moses basket and bouncer downstairs, but she just cries and becomes overtired until I put her in the swing!! Does anybody know if this is safe, or have any advice of how I can get her to sleep in something else?!!

MeriNisipPoissons Thu 07-Jul-11 23:00:18

It is fine as long as it is as reclined as possible, you could also roll a muslin up and place in the base of the seat/base join to push her bum forward to lessen the pelvic tilt.

Octaviapink Fri 08-Jul-11 07:37:43

Also if you put something underneath her shoulders so that her head is not tilted forwards (that can restrict airway).

Octaviapink Fri 08-Jul-11 07:38:16

Also, she clearly likes the swinging motion - have you thought about a sling?

chellenemily Fri 08-Jul-11 20:20:03

I have tried a sling, sometimes she will doze off, but it is not for long and then she starts wriggling like mad until it feels like she is going to fall out!

Zimbah Fri 08-Jul-11 22:33:37

My six week old likes to nap in her swing, it hadn't even crossed my mind that she should be flat blush. But she is always in the same room with me and I keep an eye on her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now