Talk

Advanced search

Genes or learnt behaviour?

(4 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Thu 07-Jul-11 19:27:51

My 6 and 10 year olds were sent in by DH for being silly on their bikes. The 10 year old slammed the kitchen door so hard it came off its bottom hinge. I may have been known to slam the odd door but not for a good while. He has been sent to his room. I don't know yet if the door can be fixed.

BooBooGlass Thu 07-Jul-11 19:33:39

Is this the same dc who broke your bannisters iirc? If it's learned or in genes (which, seriously, I doubt) you are obviously not dealing with it well. Why is he so disrespectful to you and your property? Are you actually consistent with punsihments? And have you considered that he may be doing it to get your attention?

TheOriginalFAB Thu 07-Jul-11 19:37:11

No bannisters broken here.

He gets lots of positive attention and I have been spending extra 1 to 1 with him.

Octaviapink Fri 08-Jul-11 07:49:29

Sounds like straightforward temper, neither genes nor learned behaviour (unless he's witnessed you slam the door and get away with it.). Take the door to his room off until he agrees not to slam doors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now