Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby suddenly hates her dad!

(4 Posts)
salou Wed 06-Jul-11 23:22:04

Hi i wondered if anyone could help me? My dd is 11 mths, me and her dad are seperated but he sees her almost every day. Shes always been alright going to him while i get on with housework, see friends etc, but since the weekend she has become exceptionally clingy to me and i cant even leave her in the room with him without her going crazy!
Its starting to upset him a bit understandably.
She was ill at the weekend so dont know if that has anything to do with it?
Any ideas on what i can do to help? x

ramade Thu 07-Jul-11 09:22:31

They go through phases of being clingy. Both of mine have been through a clingy phase at around 12 months old, then again at around 2years. Think it has something to do with their brain development. Just let her Dad know that it's not personal ,it can reallly hurt your feelings when they don't want you ( I've had a few phases of that too, when they just want their Dad).

ramade Thu 07-Jul-11 09:27:15

Think Mumsnet have some pages on it. Check out the toddler section (under 'Bumps to Teens') at the top.

My advice would be not to make a fuss, distract her with a toy and Graduallyincrease the time you are away from her.

greenshoot19 Thu 07-Jul-11 12:58:42

hi Salou, my DD is 12 months and started to get more clingy with me a couple of months ago (as opposed to DH) but now sometimes its reversed and she gets more clingy with DH and not me! So I woudln't be surprised if it switched around at some point. Like ramade says it isn't personal, I wouldn't be surprised if her being ill had something to do with it too. Sometimes if my DD cries when I hand her to someone else, I take her back and give her a cuddle for another minute then try again (with distraction too) and often she's fine after that. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now