Talk

Advanced search

DD talks ALL the time.....

(6 Posts)
Tw1nkle Wed 06-Jul-11 08:08:38

I obviously love my DD to bits, and she was a late talker (she's 2.8 now).

But now she is fully talking.....she NEVER shuts up - unless she's asleep!!!

It's driving me a little crazy - anyone got any advice?

I feel like i have to ignore her, as she's just babbling on, then i realise that she's getting louder and louder, and she's actually actually me a question!!! argh!!

CharlieB74 Wed 06-Jul-11 08:14:31

Sorry I don’t have any advice but know how you feel as I have a 4 year old who talks all day.

peggotty Wed 06-Jul-11 08:18:05

Yes, I've got a 'talker'. She's 6 now and makes more sense and I can have a conversation that doesn't bore the pants off me! But if you listened to everything a 2 y o said you would be insane within a couple of days. As long as you give the impression you are MOSTLY listening. If it helps my dd is not nearly as talkative now as she was at 2/3. It's a good thing really to have a chatty child smile

peggotty Wed 06-Jul-11 08:20:04

Also, meant to add, if your dd was a late talker she may just be making up for lost time combined with the novelty of talking and being understood that makes her a bit of motor- mouth wink.

AlsoAvailableSober Wed 06-Jul-11 08:20:56

I have a 4.5yr old version and a 2.10 old version, usually both talking simultaneously asking 75 irrelevant questions <sigh>

roll on school

As for advice - They do some preschool sessions so the teachers get it, we have a childrens folk song CD which they will both sing along to (still noise but not directed at me), they like dancing (being energetic seems to stem the flow) and jigsaws where they are concentrating are quite good. Oh and obviously cbeebies/films there is silence hmm

Tw1nkle Wed 06-Jul-11 08:34:59

Yes - Cbeebies (especially Mr Tumble), does get silence - I make sure she watches one a day!!

I know it's not a bad thing, and she talks better than all her little friends now, and is very polite and articulate!

She is quite a sensitive little girl and doesn't talk much when we're out - only at home - so she probably is making up for the times out of the house when she's quiet!

I find myself taking her out more than other moms seem to do - just to get some piece!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: