Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD2 is tiny, feeling a bit sad for her, tell me some stuff to cheer me up

(4 Posts)
jassinkernow Mon 04-Jul-11 14:39:52

DD2 is 2.9mths and 81cm tall. This puts her quite a bit below the 0.4th centile in her red book (she was just below at her 2yr check). I'm on the small side, as are my other 2 children, but based on this she's really little. I know it's not the worst thing in the world, but I also know it's not much fun being the smallest in your class. She's a pretty rubbish eater at the moment - grounds for hope when she improves, do you think?

Octaviapink Mon 04-Jul-11 14:44:40

How tall is your husband? The red book gives you instructions for estimating their eventual height given the centile they're on.

feckwit Mon 04-Jul-11 14:48:29

Oh my daughter was the same at that age.

If it helps, she is now 13 and one of the smallest in the class but not teeny weeny if that makes sense? She got a little frustrated for a while but now says she quite likes being small smile

jassinkernow Mon 04-Jul-11 15:06:20

Thanks feckwit, that does help. I was one of the smallest in the class, but not as small as DD at the moment. (I'm 5ft 0 now.) DH is 5'11 - will dig out our red books and do the calculation as presumably it will cheer me up a bit! When I worked it out for DD1 I thought she'd end up about 5'4 which I think is a really nice size!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now