Talk

Advanced search

5 month old - early waking

(2 Posts)
freckles7711 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:41:40

We have just moved my 5 month old into her own room and into her cot. Having previously slept through until 6.30/7am, she is now waking at 5.30/5.45 and is WIDE awake and refuses to go back to sleep. Her nursery is as dark as I can make it... any suggestions/advice on why she's waking early & what I can do to get her to sleep a little longer?

emmyloo2 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:45:32

Our now 7.5 month old did this for a little while although he has been in his own cot for many months now. For us, it only lasted a few weeks and it wasn't every morning but there was definitely a period where he was waking before 6am. I started to offer him more solids during the day and it did seem to fix the problem. I thought perhaps he was waking up hungry. Who knows but it now seems to have resolved itself and he has reverted to his 7-7.15am wake up. I think he actually wakes earlier and lies awake entertaining himself. So maybe it is just a transitional phase where they learn to entertain themselves.

Sorry, not much help but hopefully it will stop soon! Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now