Talk

Advanced search

2.10 year old a nightmare with 14 week old sister as DH on holiday

(4 Posts)
MumblesUk Sat 02-Jul-11 20:55:08

Need some advice! My 2.10 DS is turning nasty toward his 14 week old sister and me when I feed her. My DH has gone on holiday for 10 days (I know, don't go there, it's a long story) and DS is missing his one to one time with Daddy in the morning and the evening. Even after just two days I am exhausted by looking after both children (how do single parents cope?!) as DD is feeding at least twice a night (last feed 9/10ish) and DS gets up and into my bed at 5am. I am beginning to lose it. Currently relying on biscuits to get me through, but more practical advice would be appreciated.

yesdarling Sat 02-Jul-11 21:18:27

i feel for you, 10 days is a long time to be on your own with tiny ones. firstly, keep on eating the biscuits - lots and lots of them! also, have you tried giving ds some treat food when you feed the baby? then he might start looking forward to baby feeding time

MumblesUk Sat 02-Jul-11 21:24:21

I was letting DS watch CBeebies when I fed DD, but decided I was copping out . . .especially when DS started saying "Is Mummy going to feed Isobelle" because he wanted to watch Bob the Builder. Also grandparents trying to be helpful but DS is sweetness and light round them because he's getting LOADS of attention, and they therefore don't get why I'm in such a bad mood!

yesdarling Sun 03-Jul-11 08:31:06

OMG what's wrong with copping out for a few days when you're trying to cope on your own? Don't make things hard on yourself, there's no point. You can return to normal when your DH comes home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now