Talk

Advanced search

Shoes for a 7 month old?

(10 Posts)
CocoKev Wed 29-Jun-11 20:12:26

My 7 MO DS has just started pulling himself up and cruising. Up to now he's only worn socks (and booties when he was smaller). When should I start thinking about getting him some indoor shoes? It still seems pretty early, but the things I've read suggest that they need something a bit more protective on their feet when they start moving around upright. And if you think I should get some now- does anyone have any tips on what sort to go for? Thanks!

RitaMorgan Wed 29-Jun-11 20:15:04

They are best off bare foot when they're learning to walk - maybe get some soft leather slippers for outside like these one www.mytwinkletoeshoes.co.uk/

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 29-Jun-11 20:19:34

My daughter walked at nine months and she didn't have cruisers. I just let her go barefoot or socks and then waited and got her a proper pair of start rite shoes when she took her first steps- this was on the advice of an independent children's shoe shop. Although I don't know why cruisers would be a bad thing.

RitaMorgan Wed 29-Jun-11 20:26:52

Cruisers still have a pretty solid sole - babies need to be able to flex their feet and feel the floor when they learning to balance and take steps.

LizinFrance Wed 29-Jun-11 20:40:15

I second the leather type slippers - my 4 all had those up to about 1 year. i think they are great.

Liz
x

Mortal Wed 29-Jun-11 20:49:57

Those little leather slippers are very cute, do they stay of their feet ok?

Jojay Wed 29-Jun-11 20:54:05

Don't get proper shoes yet - he's too young and will do far better in bare feet or grippy socks.

The leather slipper type shoes are good when it's too cold for bare feet but at this time of year, I'd leave him au naturel.

RitaMorgan Wed 29-Jun-11 20:58:40

They're elasticated round the back so stay on their feet fine.

LizinFrance Wed 29-Jun-11 21:32:19

...........and you can stick them in the washing machine.

x

Mortal Wed 29-Jun-11 21:36:41

I love them, my son is almost out of his 12 month comedy slippers, think I'll move on to these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now