Talk

Advanced search

Roll over!

(3 Posts)
scouse31 Wed 29-Jun-11 17:14:01

We recently had our 9 month development review with our local HV. My littel boy can now crawl and like to stand and also walk if you hold his hand, he has never rolled over!. My HV seemed concerned as this is a big step to miss out.

Should i be concerned , any tips on how to encourage this?

Iggly Wed 29-Jun-11 18:32:31

Well why would he need to roll if he can already crawl and walk? DS rolled before he did those things and it's rare I see him do it now. You should ask your HV why she's worried.

oldmum42 Wed 29-Jun-11 19:35:49

That the trouble with HV (etc) with their tick sheets........ sometimes common sense is missed out of the process and it just becomes a form filling exercise.

Fair enough for her to be concerned if your DS at 9months could not roll over OR crawl OR support his own weight, but the fact he can do this (crawl, support own weigh) at 9months would suggest very strongly that there is no developmental problem AT ALL, plenty of babies crawl MUCH later than this.

One of my DS did not crawl.... he Just stood up one day (10months and 3 week), and walked. I do remember getting comments about not filling in THE RED BOOK properly and thinking oh FFS!

Don't worry.... there is no problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now