Talk

Advanced search

When do they stop puking???

(8 Posts)
AnMum Wed 29-Jun-11 16:04:10

Ds is nearly 7 mo and given that any baby food I make seems to turn out orange or green, the sick is starting to gross me out and stain everything!! At what age did your dc learn to keep their milk down??

Playdohinthewashingmachine Wed 29-Jun-11 16:08:19

Ds1 got a lot better when he got onto more solid food. I didn't wean him till 7mo cos he was prem, and he refused purees, so that was pretty much straight away.

On the downside, he is 6.5 years now and still throws up at the drop of a hat! My 9yo seems to have outgrown that though, so there is hope for me. And my 3yo didn't seem to inherit the puking gene.

AnMum Wed 29-Jun-11 16:17:39

Oh no! What makes him sick now?!

oldmum42 Wed 29-Jun-11 19:50:47

Try lying him flat after he's eaten, for 15 or 20 min - I noticed with my DS4 (now 8 months) that it seemed to be sitting forwards on a full tummy made him throw up - especially if he had snug fitting clothes on. Also, peas seemed to make him sick - not allergic, but I think they need to be well cooked to be easily digestible..... it that's what is making your babyfood green!

bigkidsmademe Wed 29-Jun-11 19:53:59

My DS is the opposite to oldmum's- lying flat makes him sick (as does leaning forward, too). I hold him up straight ish for five minutes after each feed which seems to be enough now - before he was on solids it was ten or more.

UnfortunateLikeness Fri 01-Jul-11 11:07:59

My EBF DD (7mths) does a lot of puking if she or I eat dairy or soya.

Octaviapink Fri 01-Jul-11 12:58:44

I'm 40 and I still puke sometimes.

mistressploppy Fri 01-Jul-11 13:42:01

Mine was a barfer but it lessened a lot once he was on solids - but apparently it can have something to do with core muscle strength, so once they're sitting really strongly it can improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now