(10 Posts)
AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 27-Jun-11 23:59:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

celadon Tue 28-Jun-11 00:01:46

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Tue 28-Jun-11 00:07:30

Chaotica Tue 28-Jun-11 00:10:44

That's plenty of stuff to upset a small person. It's hard being pg with a toddler anyway, but worse if you've moved recently. Do you have places to take her so that she can get out and explore, or go to playgroup, or swim, or something? I find DS is much better when he's constantly occupied (which is exhausting, but it's worth it).

Chaotica Tue 28-Jun-11 00:11:25

Have you tried reading Toddler Taming by Christopher Greene?

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Tue 28-Jun-11 00:17:11

startail Tue 28-Jun-11 00:21:50

Try the naught step or equivalent. Dd2 was sent to her room until she wanted to be nice (stairs don't work in our open plan living room. You can still watch the TV or bait your sister)
I know lots of people will flame me for wishy washy words like naughty and nice, but DD2 had a very good idea of what was acceptable behaviour and what wasn't. What she didn't understand was that carrying on misbehaving was still not going to get the world to do what she wanted.
By the time she'd got fed up of her own company and reappeared she was generally happy to join in again in a civilised manner.

differentnameforthis Tue 28-Jun-11 07:46:58

Of course she isn't evil...but maybe she knows you think that & she is playing on it.

What she is doing, is normal toddler stuff. Mine is not yet 3 & ignores most of what I tell her. Or she forgets, after all she is still v young. She isn't doing any of it to piss you off, or make you feel worse than you do, just being a toddler.

Try seeing her new world through her eyes & you will see that!

cory Tue 28-Jun-11 07:52:18

Plenty of people- myself included- think that 3 is the most difficult age, even regardless of any upheavals. It is one of those awkward in-between ages where they don't know whether they are babies or big children. Add to that the upheaval of the move. Add to that the expected baby (that in itself was enough to totally throw my dd). Add to that that her mummy is not feeling very well- which is scary for a little person.

One thing I would definitely say is try not to let her see how much her behaviour upsets you: that is one thing that is totally frightening for a child her age and will only make her act up more. Pretend you are her playschool teacher and cultivate a brisk no-nonsense persona.

celadon Tue 28-Jun-11 13:00:50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now