Talk

Advanced search

10 month DD and tantrums

(7 Posts)
Zimm Sun 26-Jun-11 13:27:37

My 10 month old DD has recently started to get into tantrums. I think these happen when she is bored or frustrated and of course tired. Not the best napper in the world which does not help. Most of the time the tantrum is to do with her wanting something she is not allowed or being somewhere she does not want to be e.g parked in her cot for 5 minutes while I put laundry away. I wondered what other thought was the best way to deal with tantrums in one so young? Obviously if she is tired I will try and persuade her to sleep but beyond this? I am tempted to say 'no' and then ignore her complaints for 5 minutes to be honest. She seems to be like me in that she is impatient, wilful and easily bored so i think I need to do what I can to nip this behaviour into the bud. But she is so young so I am not sure what she really understands. It's making me sad as I feel it's ruining my last precious few weeks of mat leave with her.

Zimm Sun 26-Jun-11 13:29:06

Sorry other info - I consider myself to be fairly attachment parent-like rather than GF like e.g. we still BF on demand, she still sleeps in our room and I don't do CIO/CC etc so I'm looking for a way of dealing with her behaviour that fits my overall way of doing things.

sancerrre Sun 26-Jun-11 13:34:33

My 7 month old is like this - needs constant attention, easily bored, won't play for long on his own. No idea if it's normal or not. I just try to involve him in what I'm doing, so if laundry, I talk him through what I'm doing and give him something to "fold". It's tiring though!

TheSecondComing Sun 26-Jun-11 13:42:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Zimm Sun 26-Jun-11 13:54:18

Oh Secondcoming I would love to sort the naps out! IIRC your DC3 was giving you some sleep challenges - if he better yet? If so what did you do??? Naps are a nightmare here - 1 step forwards and 2 steps backwards.

I suppose tantrum might be the wrong phrase - she is expressing her frustration by grizzling. But it's just that - frustration. There's nothing actually wrong with her.

TheSecondComing Sun 26-Jun-11 13:59:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Zimm Sun 26-Jun-11 14:33:06

Great news re shush pat. DD settles for naps but for 30 mins - using shush-pat to try and extend....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now