Talk

Advanced search

is this colic?

(5 Posts)
trixie123 Wed 22-Jun-11 08:07:43

am a bit clueless on this as DS never had it. DD (5wks) has started having 2-4 hrs every evening of screaming and sort of writhing around. She will go completely quiet and limp and you think she's asleep and then she suddenly tenses up and starts screaming. Its always over by 9pm but is pretty wearing as it tends to start just after DS has gone to bed when we were used to settling down for the night! Any ideas? And if it is colic, what remedies have people found effective? Many thanks.

joruth Wed 22-Jun-11 13:40:03

Does sound like colic, though believe it or not..quite short bouts (sure it doesn't feel like it!) my son lived on infacol which comes in a handy bottle with dropper and is given before feeds....worth a try??

Hassled Wed 22-Jun-11 13:45:48

It does sound like colic and it's hideous while it lasts - sympathies. I used to use Gripe Water but I think that's frowned upon now.

PKO212 Wed 22-Jun-11 17:46:53

My son did the same thing when he was about 5 weeks. He used to scream for 3hrs every night ( from 10pm to 1 am!). We asked MWs HV etc if it was colic but they said he was too young to have it and that all babies had 'unsettled', times. We were really upset and frustrated by the whole thing. His cry was so sore it sounded as if someone had stabbed him. We finally gave him infacol after the four weeks of trying everything else. It helped tremendously and the 3 hr slot disappeared completely. We couldn't understand why the MW/HV was so keen to tell us it wasn't colic and why they didn't tell us about it sooner.

trixie123 Wed 22-Jun-11 17:56:47

thanks so much. Infacol on the shopping list for tomorrow! On a couple of nights a warm bath seems to have helped a bit but can't do that every night yet, her skin will shrivel up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now