Talk

Advanced search

7.5m old thrashing head from side to side

(3 Posts)
BooBearBoo Tue 21-Jun-11 21:50:06

He started off doing it when tired but now he is doing it during the day, even when he has had a nap and I am carrying him around. Also in his pushchair when out and about.

Do I need to take him to the doc - am getting quite worried confused

Confuzzeled Wed 22-Jun-11 06:29:14

My dd did this for about 6 weeks (always when tired or just woken up), it was just a new thing she discovered and she stopped when she moved onto something else. As long as they're not hurting themselves, I think it's just about discovering the things they can do.

EBDteacher Wed 22-Jun-11 07:29:47

My (now) 10month old did this for a while at around 6/7/8 months when falling asleep- especially in his carseat.

He has now invented a game where he shakes his head from side to side accompanied by roaring like a lion and then laughs like a drain. He thinks it's fantastic if somebody joins in copies him and laughs even more. I do think, in his case, it's just about experiencing new senastions and learning to be rowdy.

You should ask your HV if you're worried though, do you have a drop in clinic you could pop into?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now