Talk

Advanced search

Biting 2 yr old

(3 Posts)
Lexiejack Tue 21-Jun-11 21:33:41

DS keeps taking chunks out of people at home and nursery. Time outs aren't having any effect and HV said to bite him back! Does anyone have any suggestions plz?

yodelayheehoo Tue 21-Jun-11 21:43:33

I wouldn't bite him back! I too had this problem with my DD, we tried everything from punishment to promises of a treat each day if she didn't bite! We also got a book called "teeth are not for biting" and read it to her every day, I think this really helped.

Mummyloveskisses Tue 21-Jun-11 21:45:19

Do NOT bite back.... IMO you are only showing him biting is OK.

My friend has been through this with her 2 year old and it has taken her over 3 months now of her method and it is just starting to work, I think the key is whatever method you do you need to be consistant and persevere even if you think its not working.

Ok what she does is moves him into time out for 2 mins and ignores him, no toys, no eye contact, no attention.... lavish attention on the victim. For when he is behaving praise all kind behaviour and talk about kind hands, feet and mouths. It has been a long, long, long haul for her but it is finally paying off. I hope you find a solution x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now