Talk

Advanced search

Ds 23months just feel like a rant!!

(8 Posts)
Eddie2009 Tue 21-Jun-11 16:14:51

I am so glad my ds has finaly fell asleep, he has been a right ratbag today just keeps getting into everything he shouldn't even though he has a fair few toys (which he hardly touches) he would rather go behind the tv or...manages to get hold of cd's and all sorts seem to have spent the day saying 'no' and removing him....I am a lone parent and i'm just finding it tiring today.

Do you think he's too young for a naughty spot or step or something?? i am not sure he'd understand it yet he doesn't really say much the odd work like 'look' 'daddy' etc...

Sometimes it just seems too much sad

greenshoot19 Tue 21-Jun-11 16:29:52

sad my DD has been a right ratbag today too if thats any consolation, currently hoping she goes down for a nap. i'm in awe of lone parents, what an amazing job you do! sorry don't know if 23 months is too young as my girl is only 1. but hang on in there, it WILL get better.

Eddie2009 Tue 21-Jun-11 16:37:07

Thanks for replying, sorry your dd has been a ratbag too!! You'd think my ds being my third i'd be used to it but you forget about the tempers lol...i hope we both have a better day tom smile The weather has been foul so stuck in all day gonna go out tommorow rain or shine!!! smile

greenshoot19 Tue 21-Jun-11 16:40:29

thanks! oh yeah i go out in the rain all the time - can't stand being in all day DD goes mad! i'd rather get wet!

YankNCock Tue 21-Jun-11 16:42:39

My DS is 22 months and I can sympathise with you OP. I say 'No' all day long and spend most of my time taking inappropriate objects off him.

I think he's too young for the naughty step. There's no point, he won't understand why he's there and it isn't going to provide any relief for you. You'd most likely end up fighting to get him to stay there for whatever length of time, and if he's anything like my DS that would provoke a tantrum. Best you can do is distract, distract, distract and redirect him to other things. I know it is frustrating for you, and it is probably frustrating for him too (all these interesting things he's not allowed to have!).

Eddie2009 Tue 21-Jun-11 16:46:52

that is so true yankNcock smile and i did think naughty step would be too old for him, i suppose he's not being naughty just wants stuff as like you say it's interesting things, but he can't have them...yeah i think i'm gonna have to invest in a rainproof coat and just go out, we're both probably bored being stuck in all day smile

It felt good to just write it down tbh and know there are others out there too, sometimes you feel quite isolated, well i do lol.

mumof3tobe Tue 21-Jun-11 17:00:20

My DS 22 months is like this everyday. I did get a break last week when I thought he was starting to calm down but he's back again. He's also tall for his age so can reach for things on the worktop and he uses a step that one of the other kids look out of the bathroom to reach more.
He best when I'm sitting on my bottom and he's watching tv! blush
He does understand a lot and knows as he gives you a cheeky grin while doing it.
Distraction only goes soo far whith him as he's fast and has no attention span.
On another note he doesn't have many tantrums, if he does they are short and sweet.
I have 2 others as well, so I just keep saying to my self it WILL get better. My oldest son was the same and he started to calm down at about 3yrs, so only one more to go!! grin

wine helps on these hard days grin

Eddie2009 Tue 21-Jun-11 17:06:15

SIGH he doesn't really have tempers just whinges when i take stuff away...i'm just feeling it today and yes i might have to hit the wine tonight smile thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now