Talk

Advanced search

car seats

(7 Posts)
Lynda3121 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:07:59

my 17mt DS has started slipping his arms free of the car seat straps.... which is a little worrying! I have tried tightening and loosening the straps ...any ideas please

sprinkles77 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:31:37

Shit! Scary. I'm waiting for mine to do the same. Can you adjust the level at which the shoulder straps come out of the back of the chair? If they are too low it might be easier to wiggle out of, my DS has done this with the buggy before. Try making them higher if possible and then making sure DS is sitting up straight before pulling them really tight.

vtechvoyager Mon 20-Jun-11 21:37:01

Would this help? www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/32/products_id/125?osCsid=0tntdk713sdkehsli9f2r26td4

AppleAndBlackberry Mon 20-Jun-11 21:38:59

Do you have a Britax Eclipse? I've just replaced my 22 month-old DD's car seat because of the same problem. The straps seemed to meet her thighs rather than hips so it created a triangle and I came to the conclusion that she would always be able to get her arms out however tight I did it. I got a Kiddy Guardian Pro this time round.

Lynda3121 Tue 21-Jun-11 14:37:50

It's a mamas and pappas, I hadn't thought about adjusting the shoulder straps, Thanks smile

Lynda3121 Tue 21-Jun-11 14:40:45

and I will look into the chest clip to, Thanks smile

trixie123 Tue 21-Jun-11 18:11:43

if all else fails and you look for a different seat I recommend the kiddicare pro that doesn't have straps but a "torso shield" which is held in front of them with the seat belt and holds them in place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now