Talk

Advanced search

6mo started sleeping in until 10am!

(8 Posts)
knittynoodle Mon 20-Jun-11 10:00:46

My DS has started having a lay in lately - he will go down at 8pm, and wake at least twice in the night for an ounce of milk here and there (only wakes for maybe 10 mins). Then hes up at 7.30, has a full feed and then goes down again until 10! He used to stay up from 7.30!

He has just learned rolling and is starting to make moves towards crawling, so could this lay in be related to that? The amount and quality of his daytime naps havent been affected at all.

sprinkles77 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:13:13

If this suits you it's not a problem. If however you want him in bed earlier and not disturbing you in the night you might want to think about keeping him up after his 7.30 am wake up. Personally, I'd leave well alone if everyone is happy!

monkoray Mon 20-Jun-11 12:38:58

My ds did exactly the same. Its great isn't it. Enjoy it because it doesn't last very long.

Debs75 Mon 20-Jun-11 12:43:22

dd does this, she sleeps from about 8.30pm, we go to bed at 10pm she has a feed then she sleeps till 6.30am has another feed then sleeps till 9..30. 3 days a week we have to leave the house before 9am so on them mornings we get her up at 8. She is happier sleeping in tho, on the days she is up at 8 sh needs a nap by 9.30am

lainey1981 Mon 20-Jun-11 13:18:08

envy my almost 7 month has never done this. Enjoy it.

knittynoodle Mon 20-Jun-11 14:07:13

Ah, well ok! I wont worry then! I was wondering how he could need that much sleep and if it was normal! I considered keeping him up, but it does work for me so I suppose I shouldnt meddle with it! grin

knittynoodle Mon 20-Jun-11 14:08:15

They cant have too much sleep, can they? Novice question!

milkyjo Tue 21-Jun-11 12:29:52

I wouldn't complain! My DS goes to bed at 7pm and wakes at 5:30am and then is up until 8am when he has a long nap of 1.5 hours then onto 30 minute naps for the rest of the day! Night time sleep can be affected if baby naps for a long time late in the day but I'm sure not the other way round! You could try not feeing him in the night and getting him to settle without milk when he wakes if he only takes an ounce each time. But that will probably end up with him waking up earlier! Sounds like it's a good deal at the moment though. Make the most of it x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now