Talk

Advanced search

Night time waking after illness - advise please!

(4 Posts)
mumofwilliam Fri 17-Jun-11 12:53:09

my 10 month old has had a bad vomiting and diahorrea bug a couple of weeks ago and is fully recovered. But we are still finding 2 weeks on that he is waking up screaming at 4.30am and we have been giving him a bottle which he downs and then goes back to sleep. Before this he has been sleeping through from 7-7 for a good couple of months without any other food!
Don't know what to try to stop the waking again - don't really want to re-introduce the dream feed again and i am getting him to eat as much as he will at meal time.
any advise welcome as really want my sleep back!!

matana Fri 17-Jun-11 14:17:43

Has he lost weight? Could be that he actually feels he needs that 4.30am feed at the moment because he needs to re-gain weight. I often notice that once my DS is over a cold he eats for England, almost like he's making up for lost time.

Sorry, other than stick with it for now i don't have any advice.

Iggly Fri 17-Jun-11 14:23:21

He might need to catch up on lost weight as matana said.
DS did something similar after a horrendous ear infection. A month on the night wakings stopped but he hasn't quite regained the weight still. He woken up at night for a couple of weeks after recovering then starting sleeping through again of his own accord.

If I were you I'd reintroduce a dream feed or keep being woken at half 4. Then slowly reduce it after a week or so. Plus offer extra food/milk in day.

mumofwilliam Fri 17-Jun-11 17:50:09

thanks - yes he lost nearly a kg so lots for a little person. I kind of figured that he just needed to eat more but not always easy to get food in him! Will increase his milk today and just hope that soon he fattens up soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now