Talk

Advanced search

is it a bad idea to put DD on loo at first "grunt" of a poo?

(6 Posts)
titferbrains Thu 16-Jun-11 19:35:33

Sorry if TMI but she is 2.7yo and I just heard making her particular poo grunt and could have easily whipped off her nappy to see if she'd do it in the loo - but is this going to affect performance? I know I'd be a bit freaked out if I was disturbed mid flow and I don't want to give her any pooing ishoos.

She does seem to be struggling to push them out when standing tho. Or at least, it requires a good bit of effort.

titferbrains Thu 16-Jun-11 19:36:29

to be clear, I'm talking about taking off her nappy because she'd just started grunting (and she pretty much grunts throughout).

titferbrains Mon 20-Jun-11 10:46:31

bump

MavisG Tue 21-Jun-11 15:27:42

It's a really good idea. If you search/google elimination communication you'll see stories from lots of parents who've done similar. She will learn to grunt first and then poo in the loo, and you won't have a pooey nappy to change. Nice.

titferbrains Tue 21-Jun-11 19:54:55

ok thanks will have a look. I just really don't want a constipated little girl. I have never had any pooing issues but I know a lot of women who do and am frankly horrified. My family were/are all very comfortable naked, using loo with door open etc and I just want to make her equally relaxed. Will perhaps have a little chat with her and tell her that if I see that she might be doing a poo then I'll "help" her by taking off nappy and putting her on the loo.

Dear god I will be so fucking happy when she is finally trained.

MavisG Wed 22-Jun-11 07:18:06

Sorry didn't read properly that she's 2.7, thought younger (as in, she could only communicate through the grunting). I think that chat and offering to remI've the nappy is a good idea, and when that's going well you could talk to her about wees, too.

(My son's the same age, and though we've ec'd and so had some things easier, some things harder, we'll also be so grateful when he's totally toilet-independent, too. However you do it I think that's a big relief)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now