Talk

Advanced search

15mo keeps dribbling her milk/water down her top

(14 Posts)
MissPenteuth Thu 16-Jun-11 15:53:04

My 15mo DD has decided that it's fun to dribble her water or milk down her front when drinking. It's a pain as she gets really soaked and I have to change her top, sometimes even her trousers.

Has anyone else's toddler done this? Is it just a phase she'll grow out of?

MissPenteuth Thu 16-Jun-11 15:53:58

Just to add, she's definitely doing it on purpose; she takes a mouthful from her cup and then just lets it dribble out down her chin confused

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jun-11 15:56:04

My ds did this for a while. I just tried to ignore him. Or put a bib on. He thought it was hilarious hmm

MissPenteuth Thu 16-Jun-11 15:59:03

Bib is a good idea, don't know why I didn't think of that! Thanks smile

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jun-11 16:01:04

We used the plastic backed ones, to try and ensure it didn't seep through.

MrsChemist Thu 16-Jun-11 16:04:12

DS did it too. The more I told him off, the funnier he found it. I'd just take his cup from him, and tell him it was naughty. The message finally sunk in after a while. Bibs until then, I'm afraid.

Pinkjenny Thu 16-Jun-11 16:39:56

Ds then started doing it with food, grim.

RalphGnu Thu 16-Jun-11 18:45:20

Yep, my DS still does it occasionally at 18 months. It's beyond irritating. I take his cup away and try not to react otherwise. He goes berserk if we put a bib on, so it's lots of t-shirt changes!

Octaviapink Thu 16-Jun-11 19:23:21

Yes, take a deep breath and don't react! You could leave her in her damp clothes and explain that they're damp because she dribbled water out on purpose...

monkoray Thu 16-Jun-11 20:28:29

Gosh i'd forgotten about it but my DS did this FOR AGES. He's grown out of it now (20 months). I sympathise hugely it was sooooo annoying

AngelDog Thu 16-Jun-11 20:45:04

My 18 m.o. has been doing this for months & months & months. I just go through a lot of bibs. Waterproof ones eg fleece backed ones are good.

Beaurevage Thu 16-Jun-11 23:48:33

Saw a little guy (12 mths) doing this when out for lunch the other day. Thought the mum did a really good job of handlign the situation: ignoring him for a bit, continued talking with her friend, then after a little while calmly took his cup away saying to him 'that's enough of that now'. He didn't even blink / wasn't bothered by not being able to play any more.

plipplops Fri 17-Jun-11 15:56:17

Yep DD2 did it for a while, VERY annoying! She did grow out of it (I used to just take the drink off her), although now (2.7yrs) she'll get a tiny drip on her top/dress and say she needs to take it off, so I seem to have half naked children around most of the time. I tend to let them get on with it though, they don't seem to feel the cold and I can't see what harm it does (I mean if we're at toddlers/the shops etc, not somewhere proper). DD1 (nearly 4) has to keep her pants on but that's it...

Species8472 Fri 17-Jun-11 16:05:47

Yeah, my DD did this sometimes, she seemed to find it amusing hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now