Talk

Advanced search

How to keep my 3 mo DS dry through the night (wees too much for his nappy to hold)

(15 Posts)
Beaurevage Wed 15-Jun-11 23:00:03

I'm lucky enough that my DS sleeps from 11am through to 6, sometimes 7 am. Problem is though that without fail he will wee so much that his nappy can't hold it all and his clothes are wet when he wakes up.

I've moved to a bigger nappy size but have yet to try a new kind of nappy. Any tips/tricks?

TragicallyHip Wed 15-Jun-11 23:01:40

Next size up nappy?

I take it you change the nappy at 11pm?

Beaurevage Wed 15-Jun-11 23:05:03

Sorry if I wasn't clear. By next size up I meant he's now wearing a size 3, no longer size 2. And yes, I do change his nappy at 11 pm.

NonnoMum Wed 15-Jun-11 23:07:25

Um - not much help, but I've got a heavy wetter and just ensure that the washing is always done and there are plenty of spare sheets etc...

DilysPrice Wed 15-Jun-11 23:08:13

Does he get milk at 11pm? Does he have milk/water by his bedside?
Obvious I know, but always worth asking the obvious. If he hasluke last milk at (say) 7pm, then does a wee and has a clean nappy and is then changed at 11pm IME it's really unusual for a nappy not to cope with the nighttime wee.

TragicallyHip Wed 15-Jun-11 23:14:23

Oh sorry I completely missed your last sentence!

TragicallyHip Wed 15-Jun-11 23:16:16

What nappies are you using? Maybe try a different brand/type.

Beaurevage Wed 15-Jun-11 23:24:50

He's EBF and does have a 'top up' around 1030-11 to get me him through the night. If this keeps going, will definitely try a new brand of nappy.

NonnoMum - washing going all the time!! He even managed to pee down the wall by the changing table twice in two minutes when I changed him out of his pee soaked clothes this morning!!

TragicallyHip - you're not Canadian by any chance are you? (Well known band in Canada by that name)

DilysPrice Wed 15-Jun-11 23:32:25

Oh, hang on, scrub everything I said, I read that as 3 yo
<long day and had a wine>

TragicallyHip Wed 15-Jun-11 23:37:03

Haha no I'm not, had read about the band and liked the name so stole it as my user name grin

Do you change his nappy after a feed or before? I would try a different brand or type. Everytime ds goes up a size we have to change the type of night nappy as he seems to wet through the ones he was using before confused

He is nearly 2 and atm we use Pampers baby dry, before that was Pampers Active fit (useless now tho) Tesco Active something or other, lidl ones were ok too but just a bit bulkier.

I know you will know this but just make sure the nappy is tight enough too.

Paschaelina Thu 16-Jun-11 00:06:35

We're on Nature Baby at the moment. It's successful about 2'nights in 3 which is the best so far. hmm

No magic answer here I'm afraid. Just clean slepsuits and grobag ready at 6am.

pirateparty Thu 16-Jun-11 00:09:34

Pampers baby dry are designed to be used for 12 hrs I think. We have always used then as 'night time nappies' - bit more expensive but have never leaked.

Beaurevage Thu 16-Jun-11 00:21:29

We're using Bambo Nature which have been great so far but now that the little man is peeing for Queen and Country we might need to swtich to one of your above suggestions for the night time.

DilysPrice - thought it was me suffering from the long day!

TragicallyHip - never could get DH to appreciate the group unfortunately. I've tried to change both before and after. ATM I change before when he's awake and happy but for the 11pm snack I change him after as it's usually a 'dream feed'. wink about them being tight enough - my parents were over not long ago and they were lovely and wanted to muck in. They never did the nappy up tight enough. I manage to create a nice muffing top. With this new bigger nappy, I can get it half way up DS's tummy though! It's great.

Thanks all for the advice!

starfishmummy Thu 16-Jun-11 00:40:30

Try putting booster pads in the nappy - we used to get disposable ones from boots (not sure if they still do them), or loads of places do cloth ones.

Beaurevage Thu 16-Jun-11 08:24:09

Ooooo, interesting. Thanks Starfish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now