Talk

Advanced search

Everyones time out methods

(3 Posts)
mummy2aisha Tue 14-Jun-11 12:55:04

I liked to hear what other people methods of time out are as I need some ideas my 21 month is just hitting terrible two and doesnt listen to to anything and Im going to go grey in a min thanks.

gymbabe Tue 14-Jun-11 13:47:02

We've found a really effective way with my DS (23mths) is to give him a warning and tell him what will happen if he does it again. If he persisits in his behaviour we put him outside the sitting room door and shut it for a minute. I thought it wouldn't work at all but it works a treat. After a minute (or when he calms down somewhat - i find a minute quite long and time doesn't mean a huge amount to them at this stage) I bring him back in tell him why he got put outside and then give him a hug. I try not to comfort him too much though, i just prefare to distract him with toys as i don't want to cuddle to outweigh the reason he was punished in the first place. If that makes sense!

mummy2aisha Tue 14-Jun-11 15:42:46

Thank you gymbabe Ill give that a go I dont want her to get away with ingoring me as it will only get worse as she gets older she walks around do one thing after anthor I know its attention seeking but I need to cook clean etc I try the naughty chair next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now