Talk

Advanced search

Number 2 needs No. 2 ..... At 5 am!!!!

(6 Posts)
Joycey29 Sun 12-Jun-11 07:51:40

Well ds is 3.5 and has been potty trained for over a year and dry at night.
He has started having a poo everymorning at 5am. He shares a room with dd2 and then she wakes up!
Tried dream wee, tried explaining, tried encouraging him to go at another time..... Nothing!

How do I reset his body clock and get some sleep!

shrinkingnora Sun 12-Jun-11 14:26:39

Can you give him his tea later?

Joycey29 Sun 12-Jun-11 15:08:10

Tea last night was at 5.30 - he goes up at 6.30 for a bath so not very easy - may try though as at end of tether!

shrinkingnora Sun 12-Jun-11 15:53:16

Tea 6.15? and not a bath every night until you see if it works?! Good luck, early mornings are a killer.

Dannygirl Sun 12-Jun-11 16:14:39

Hi we had exactly the same thing with DS but when he was a baby...he would do a poo early morning and not want to go back to sleep...obviously he was in nappies but same problem. It drove me crazy. We eventually worked out it was too light in his room, so he was coming into light sleep and actually waking up and doing the poo rather than just going back to sleep. We blacked out his room and that did the trick. Any chance this could be worth trying? Good luck!

Joycey29 Sun 12-Jun-11 19:19:12

Thanks guys, we have blackout curtains so probably not that. Gave him late tea as advised and he actually went at 5pm so fingers crossed.
I would not mind getting up if he didn't wake dd2 as well!
Roll on the loft conversion and separate bedrooms!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: