Talk

Advanced search

ADVISE PLease: 14 mth old tired even after naps and good nights sleep-worried mum

(6 Posts)
VeronaH Fri 10-Jun-11 23:11:00

my 14 mth old goes to sleep about 8pm and wakes about 8.30am he then usually has a nap during the day for 2 to 3 hours but lately he seems to get tired shortly after naps, just wondering is this normal, he has started "cruising"and crawling more and more so wondering if its to do with this or could he be sick?? any advise would be greatly appreciated. thanks

MagicFest Fri 10-Jun-11 23:36:38

Sleeps loads AND through the night? Sounds like you've got an idyllic baby!

Mine were crawling at about 9 months and walking about 12 smile, dropping their daytime sleep about 2.5yrs to make sure they slept through the night and took 18 months before I could guarantee a sleep of more than 4 hrs on a stretch because the sleep patterns kept changing with diet and exercise variations; little one has never slept more than 15 mins on a stretch in the day since 2 mths unless poorly!

My friends were sleeping 12 hrs through the night really early envy, didn't walk til nearly 18+ mths (hard work!) AND having a 2 hr nap in the day til they were nearly 4 envy - she got loads done!

They're all different and yours is probably perfectly normal - if you're really worried you should see your health visitor or contact someone from your local NCT, there's a lot of expertise and local support that I've used; they will either allay your fears or point you in the right direction.

oh...and just like their DAD....are grumpy when they wake and lol around for a long time; blood sugars and circulation readjusting!

hope this helps!

Kiwiinkits Sat 11-Jun-11 02:07:51

It could very well be low iron levels. Did you know babies need as much iron in their diet as an adult man? Try putting some lamb or chicken liver into his diet - babies love dipping veges into homemade pate. Or just spaghetti bolognese with beef, or shish kebab with lamb?

Kiwiinkits Sat 11-Jun-11 02:09:11

Also, if you're upping the iron, try to up the vitamin C at the same time as it helps iron absorption. Mandarins, kiwifruit, oranges.

VeronaH Sat 11-Jun-11 10:36:49

thanks ladies for the advise, will up the iron levels and hopefully that will help.

debka Sun 12-Jun-11 07:07:03

Could he be teething? DD1 always seems really weary when she's getting teeth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now