Talk

Advanced search

Very upset emotional 4yr old

(3 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Fri 10-Jun-11 08:21:07

She's going through a tough time - Pretty much surrounding her new contact with her bio father - any way, she's very clingy to DP and I - has gone from being fantastic sleeper to having nightmares and night terrors. Wakes up 3am shouting - she ends up coming in bed with me - I dont mind this at all as she just wants a cuddle.

Would it be crazy to let her sleep in our room all the time? Save the screaming and crying in the middle of the night?

We already have 6mo old dd2 in our room too!!

COCKadoodledooo Fri 10-Jun-11 11:22:53

If it helps you all get more sleep then go for it I say smile

My eldest is 7 and still sleeps in with me from time to time, if he's poorly or having a hard time about something. Contrary to what other nosey bastards people may say, I never have a hard time getting him back into his own bed after a night or two, and it doesn't make him more clingy/dependent. Far from it in fact.

Chundle Fri 10-Jun-11 19:18:53

When kids are having a hard time and need 'babying' for a while then I say go for it. They all need it from time to time and it does them good I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now