Talk

Advanced search

Labled a 'naughty child' by school

(7 Posts)
beczz Thu 09-Jun-11 20:20:17

My boy is 7 yrs old and his the class clown as im well aware he is not perfect but he is in top set for Maths and English he always enjoyed school but lately has not wanted to go saying the children and the teaches say his naughty, i had noticed he hadn't been asked to play much or invited to party's and have heard children say the red chair or thinking chair in the class is called 'My sons' chair!
I couldn't believe this would have been said by a teacher but after being told today on the phone by the TA in the class completely out the blue "lets not beat around the bush your child is a naughty boy" & the teacher even calls the red chair/thinking chair his chair to the kids in the class!!
im so shock that a TA and a class teacher would behave in this way and not sure what to do now!?
please any advise would be great
thank you

Again Thu 09-Jun-11 20:35:30

To be honest I'd first go to the head teacher, but then I would seriously consider moving schools. It's disgraceful to label a child and to lead his peers into ganging up against him. You may not be able to change this teacher though. Will he have the same teacher next year?

schmee Thu 09-Jun-11 20:39:07

That's terrible. Definitely complain to the head. Totally unacceptable.

Bohica Thu 09-Jun-11 20:39:58

Not on at all. You need to make an appointment to see the head tomorrow morning & tell him/her that unless they get involved straight away you will be taking your son home.

I'm waiting to hear if I can move my DD, also 7 to a different school due to a similar situation. Children need support & new skills taught to them not this!!!

ragged Thu 09-Jun-11 20:47:07

They get invited to fewer parties anyway, after Yr1.

I'd want to make sure of the facts, I just wonder if some things have been exaggerated along the way.

Why did you talk to TA on the phone? Was she talking to you as a friend or as a TA? [Thinking I have never once, in 7 years, had a conversation with any of DC TAs on the phone]

Who (besides the children) has said that the teacher calls the "red chair" [your DS's name] chair? How can you be so sure that's what the teacher says?

MadamDeathstare Thu 09-Jun-11 21:33:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dikkertjedap Thu 09-Jun-11 22:19:46

I would first have a chat with your son to find out what has been going on and what he is up to and why. Then I would make an appointment to talk to his teacher (ideally without your son present).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: