Talk

Advanced search

Pl could someone suggest a good book on weaning?

(13 Posts)
sh77 Thu 09-Jun-11 12:01:51

Hi

DS is only 13 weeks old but I want to start reading up on weaning. The previous thread on mess was very interesting and so I want to be clued up on not just the types of foods but enhancing the eating experience.

Many thanks.

maGicGift Thu 09-Jun-11 12:11:29

The Baby led Weaning cookbook by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett, it has advise as well as recipes.. Good Luck!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 09-Jun-11 12:18:09

I haven seen the cook book but the actual blw book by the same peopleis fantastic imo.

Really reassuring re how much they eat, choking etc.

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 09-Jun-11 12:20:05

hang on a sec...isn't past of the point of blw that you don't need special recipies etc?

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 12:31:18

it is, moonface... think the book is really just family recipes though, that are easy to grab and eat.

<coughs> might i also recommend www.babyledweaning.com for a read? grin

jenrendo Thu 09-Jun-11 12:35:34

I have one of Annabel Karmel's wich can be a bit patronising but a good start, with recipes and photos in it, but isn't a BLW one. You'll probably get loads of ideas/advice on the internet.

sh77 Thu 09-Jun-11 12:48:09

Thanks everyone! Will start with the books you suggested.

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 12:52:22

do me a favour, will you, and order it via my site? i get a small kickback that covers my costs. smile good luck, don't stress it, babies want to eat, it's fun. and if it isn't... just wait awhile, no bother, they're only wee things.

AitchTwoOh Thu 09-Jun-11 12:53:01

via the amazon link at the top, i mean? if you would have been ordering it on amazon, that is.

Momo36 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:14:58

I didn't do blw and found Gina Ford's book very easy and simple to follow.

doodleduck Thu 09-Jun-11 13:35:05

Annabel Karmel's great - she has a website that you can look at before buying anything. You can also use the recipes when your child gets older. Her recipes are great. Not patronising at all.
Gina Ford had some sensible advice too.

peanutdream Thu 09-Jun-11 18:27:06

vote for gill rapley's blw from here. ds (20mo) really enjoys eating and i credit gill

AngelDog Thu 09-Jun-11 23:23:31

Another vote for the Baby Led Weaning book. Very common-sense approach and no extra hassle than cooking for the adults in the household.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now