Talk

Advanced search

DS1 (12.5) seems completely incapable of shutting the hell up!!

(13 Posts)
kerrymumbles Tue 07-Jun-11 17:40:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kerrymumbles Tue 07-Jun-11 17:43:32

TimeWasting Tue 07-Jun-11 17:46:28

Buy them a raincoat and throw them out into the garden.

What do they drink? Do they watch TV/ play video games?

kerrymumbles Tue 07-Jun-11 18:02:05

TimeWasting Tue 07-Jun-11 18:04:18

It's probably just pent up energy.
My 3 year old has been running around and around and around and around and around and around this afternoon.

Bonsoir Tue 07-Jun-11 18:06:24

We had exactly the same problem with DSS1 (16) until about a year ago. I kept reading books about how teenagers were supposed to be silent and moody, and DSS1 never shut up and talked about nothing at all for hours on end. Car journeys were HELL.

He is now silent and moody grin. Hang in there.

kerrymumbles Tue 07-Jun-11 18:08:45

Bonsoir Tue 07-Jun-11 18:10:50

No, but he used to wail like a baby. My neighbours in my apartment block complained to me about my DD and the noise she made and I had to explain it was DSS1 blush.

kerrymumbles Tue 07-Jun-11 18:12:13

Bonsoir Tue 07-Jun-11 18:15:04

I don't actually think it's normal; but I think it isn't infrequent.

DSS1 is not über-mature [massive understatement emoticon]; your DS is only 12 - I'm sure it'll sort itself out. But be tough - if he is annoying you, tell him and sanction him. It is good for boys' development to have the rules of society rammed into them!

Chundle Tue 07-Jun-11 18:41:37

There's a thread in the special needs board today about verbal stimming maybe read that see if it helps at all, sorry no other advice except this is what it could be. My dd is 7 and makes odd noises she has ADHD and we were told it's verbal stimming

kerrymumbles Tue 07-Jun-11 21:27:37

OddBoots Tue 07-Jun-11 22:09:42

My ds (11) does that but he has asperger's so for him it might be related to that, it could just be normal for some children but if you are worried then talk to his teacher or your GP, even if it is just to put your mind to rest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: