Talk

Advanced search

any experience with twins?

(4 Posts)
twinmummy24 Sun 05-Jun-11 14:49:46

hey all,
just wondered if any one else on here has had experience of 4.5 year old twins? (non id both girls).
my two are driving me absolutely mad, they never shut up from the minute they wake until the go to sleep just constant noise, i manage to calm one down then the other winds them up again, i get one settled with a game or activity the other will deliberately ruin it, they have got sooooooo much energy i dont know what to do with it, sometimes we are out for a couple of long walks a day they just constantly wind each other up and the most infuriating thing of all is that when they are naughty and i am telliing them off they just look at each other and laugh!!!!!
i am also worried about them hurting themselves as they drag each other around etc and just dont listen when i explain about getting hurt, have also had several times when one has shut the others fingers in a door!
someone please tell me this gets better when they start school, even if it's a lie wink

Madlizzy Sun 05-Jun-11 14:55:40

It gets a bit better, because you get more of a break. The laughing when you are telling them off is not on though. I used to do separate time outs. My triplets used to be one at the top of the stairs, one at the bottom and one in the hall. Great fun!

twinmummy24 Sun 05-Jun-11 16:16:00

god the laughing drives me insane, its like they have some secret message going between them!!
we have one in time out on the bottom step and one in the dinning room if they need to be in at the same time otherwise they just look at each other and giggle.
sometimes i wonder if i am expecting to much from them but the get hyped up so quickly cos they bounce off each other, must be even worse with triplets though smile

Madlizzy Sun 05-Jun-11 17:41:46

The boys (bgb) still laugh like a drain together. It can be hilarious and other times drive me to drink. They're 12 now. I'm heading down the road to insanity.

Actually, they're not that bad. The boys have just cleaned the kitchen, DD has just swapped some washing over, helped fold a load of clean and pair socks, DS1 (18) has cleaned the bathroom and all are doing homework, so it's quiet now. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: