Talk

Advanced search

Left DS for the first time last night and he has spent the day clinging to my leg and wailing...

(5 Posts)
QueenOfFeckingEverything Sat 04-Jun-11 17:33:05

DS is 10 months and last night DP and I had our first child-free evening. He was looked after by two of the women we live with, who he sees every day and is often looked after by for a hour or so at a time.

They said he seemed fine - drank some milk from a cup, had a cuddle or ten, fell asleep in his buggy during the evening dog walk smile where he still was when we got back at 11.

But today... he has basically clung to my leg ALL DAY except for when I pick him up and he clings to my arm. Wanted feeding every half hour all morning.

I now have The Guilt sad

goodkate Sat 04-Jun-11 17:42:12

Aw Babies Bless 'um!

Do you love him to bits? Course you do.

Was he well looked after last night by your two wonderful friends? Sounds like it to me.

Did you and your DH have a good night? Yes you did.

Don't feel guilty, it did you the world of good and babies/children learn that a parent that goes away from them comes back again. (This is part of human development apparently).

Please have another night out, it's good for all of you, even if he clings to you the next day - it's worth it.

goodkate Sat 04-Jun-11 17:43:58

By the way, I have 3 now. My middle one was like that. Never stopped me going our and even though she is still a mummies girl, she copes very well when I'm not around

monkoray Sun 05-Jun-11 00:05:15

aw goodkate that was such a lovely post that made me feel better and i didn't even need it.

livetolaugh Sun 05-Jun-11 00:16:24

I go away every year with my husband for 2 nights and son stays at his 2 cousins house. It's good for him. I have to sneak put but he never shows thy he is missing me as he is having a great time. When I get back he smiles when he sees me bit carries on playing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now