Talk

Advanced search

Help! My 2.5 year old is jealous of baby...

(4 Posts)
Mirj Fri 03-Jun-11 10:41:03

I do not know what to do anymore. My little girl, 2 1/2, is a case of text book behavior - hitting and pushing 11 month old brother, being difficult and clingy with me, aggressive in the playground, wanting to be a baby ('I want mama booby'), you name it. I try to be very patient and give her lots of hugs. But it got worse recently as little brother started to crawl and infringe on her space more. Any tips? I am desperate.

pregnantpause Fri 03-Jun-11 13:19:01

No tips really but i feel for you. my eldest is just starting to act out her jealousy of dd2, and noone seems to be able to offer any help other than it just a phase type advice. I do find that when she is given a definite time as to when she will get my attention it helps, eg- I am feeding dd2 now, when she's finished i will do xx with you. this seems to calm her as she knows she will be getting my attention shortly. I also try to keep her bedtime all about her. its a guaranteed 30mins that she and i have alone- when this doesnt pan out i find her aggression is worse the next day. good luck

anloro Fri 03-Jun-11 18:20:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mirj Fri 03-Jun-11 21:21:17

Thanks for the advise. Tried very hard today to give my daughter lots of attention and fun. Finally managed to get her on her walk bike for the first time after her being afraid of it for ages. She was really proud and think she had a massive sense of achievement. We made ice lollies in the afternoon. Tonight at bedtime she cuddled up to me and said 'mama'. (weep) The tip to promise to spend time with her after feeding baby etc. I think is a very good one. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: