Talk

Advanced search

Long gap in teething of 14mo DS

(7 Posts)
OyOfMidWorld Thu 02-Jun-11 14:00:06

So my DS is 14 months old and has six teeth. Four on the top, two on the bottom. He started teething at around 7 months and then cut these six over the space of around two months so it is now 5 months since he has had any new teeth. We've had no symptoms of teething or anything else and I'm just finding it a bit strange.

I've asked a few other mums but none seem to be able to remember a gap or the specific times of their children teething (all are a bit older than my DS), I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I thought he would have got his third and fourth bottom teeth by now?

dickyduckydido Thu 02-Jun-11 14:02:32

I have a 20m old DD. She got 6 teeth in the space of 3 weeks at 14 m and nothing since. We were at the dentist this week and he says he can see the stubs of loads more and isn;t worried. He assured me late teething is much more common that you hear about. Don't worry but maybe take him to the dentist next time you have a check up.

goshreally Thu 02-Jun-11 14:45:26

Exactly the same with my DS (just a bit younger than yours). I didn't think of worrying about it. If the first six appeared normally, the rest will with time. Am just adoring the gumming expressions when he eats stuff!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 02-Jun-11 15:06:19

Ds has been exactly as you describe. Now, at 15m has finally cut numbers 7 and 8. But they're on the top too! And further back than i expected. Hey ho, i'm sure they'll all get there in the end <optimist emoticon>

OyOfMidWorld Thu 02-Jun-11 15:19:03

Thanks for all your responses. First DS so I really don't know what to expect! It sounds like they'll all come through sooner or later and I might ask the dentist next time we go smile

illuminasam Thu 02-Jun-11 20:03:57

My DS is 15 months and was exactly the same. 4 on the top, 2 on the bottom for ages, then nothing. Then he suddenly got about 4 within a week a couple of weeks ago. Now they're coming thick and fast

tostaky Fri 03-Jun-11 22:27:15

same for ds2, but i dont wotty because ds1 tooth came all at once around 16 months... and i can see his teeth through his gums on his lower jaw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now