Talk

Advanced search

My almost 6 year old is trying to manipulate me and I have no idea why I am surprised.

(6 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Wed 01-Jun-11 17:55:02

He wants an ice cream and for reasons not relevant I have said no. He has been moaning and sighing and then refusing to take a train out of his mouth just because I asked him too. His parting shot was to say he is going to go in to the garden to throw a big stone at himself.

He has just come in and said he has put big stones on his feet with no shoes on.

Now he has gone out to do it again without socks on.

5 years old!!

TheOriginalFAB Wed 01-Jun-11 17:56:04

He has just said he doesn't care that the cat is going to due and he wants his sister to die.

He is 5. What goes on in their heads???

TheOriginalFAB Wed 01-Jun-11 17:58:26

He has just shown me a photo he has taken of himself with a house brick on each foot hmm.

skybluepearl Fri 03-Jun-11 08:42:08

is he trying to get your attention? can you go and play football with him or something?

TheLadyEvenstar Fri 03-Jun-11 09:53:12

Oh dear, children do like to push us to our limit.

I would have to say "Thats a nice photo sweetheart, now go to your bedroom until you can behave"

Ignore it! lock the garden door if need be

Continuum Fri 03-Jun-11 11:08:26

My 7 year old is just about out of this phase having learned it does not work! It does amuse me how melodramatic he can be!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: