Talk

Advanced search

Teething and being really clingy

(5 Posts)
milkyjo Tue 31-May-11 17:38:02

Just a quick question for you experienced mums! My nearly 6 month old has two bottom teeth and for the past week I think there is another on the way. He is soooo clingy and will not be put down, not even after a feed to play. Is this common when babies are teething, I can't find any info about it on web? Also he was never this clingy when the first ones came through just quite irritable for a couple of days. He will be settled if picked up and walked around or in the sling or pushchair or car. Is he just wanting to be close to me because of teething or just because he wants to? Don't get me wrong it is lovely to have a cuddle all day but my back isn't happy and the house is so messy! (which does really bother me!)

milkyjo Wed 01-Jun-11 07:43:18

anybody?

skybluepearl Wed 01-Jun-11 08:13:04

mine had a complete personality change for two months. it was horrid and some days were harder but we soon got back to normal.

smearedinfood Thu 02-Jun-11 23:07:58

The Wonder Weeks might be worth a read, also mine got really clingy just before he could crawl, like he realised he couldn't follow me and found that really really frustrating.. Berloody awful.. But is passed..

sdotg Fri 03-Jun-11 09:42:01

Hi yes super clingy with all the teeth, at times a total personality change...is the same when ill.
Lots of cuddles and if you can manage it carry them round in a sling
good luck with them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now