Talk

Advanced search

4 year old still wets himself - advice needed!

(5 Posts)
scramps Tue 31-May-11 17:24:47

Hi I have a four year old boy who is very busy and active. He has been potty trained since he was about 2 and a half and dry at night since he was 3 and a half. However, over the last year I have noticed that he often has a small wet patch on his pants - it's as if he has a little 'leak' to relieve the pressure when his bladder is full - but not enough to show through to his trousers. Also, over the last two weeks, he has wet himself (properly) at least once a day. I am getting frustrated with him as I don't understand why he does these things when he is dry at night! I have tried praising him (and rewarding with stickers) when he does take himself off to the loo but it doesn't seem to have made much difference.
I was wondering if anyone out there has had any similar experience, or has any advice!
Thanks all!
xx

rubyrubyruby Tue 31-May-11 17:26:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyrubyruby Tue 31-May-11 18:20:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

camdancer Tue 31-May-11 19:12:26

DS does the wet patch thing especially when he is tired/ill/busy. Just too much on his mind most of the time! (Star Wars, lego, Star Wars lego ...)

firsttimemama Tue 31-May-11 20:54:01

My dd aged 4 did this too - it did get very frustrating but try and let it go. It will become less frequent IME.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: