Talk

Advanced search

How much does your 3 month old sleep in the day??

(4 Posts)
40winks Sun 29-May-11 11:53:52

I am worried my lo is sleeping too much - he will be awake for a maximum of an hour before falling asleep again. so, he will wake, feed and then be awake for maybe 20 mins before falling asleep again.

Is this normal?? I can't remember....

CrapBag Sun 29-May-11 13:52:49

Count yourself lucky!! smile

My nearly 4 month old has decided that 3 40 minute naps a day are sufficient. My DS used to have 3 30 minute naps a day at this age. Don't knock it. If he needs to sleep then he will, if he doesn't, he won't. Some babies just like to be awake more than others <sobbing at the thought of my 2 DCs who just don't like daytime sleep> wink

alitesneeze Sun 29-May-11 14:09:12

My nearly12 week old ds is similar, he isnt awake for much longer than 1hr 15 mins. He doesnt sleep longin the day tho, around 15-20 mins.

My dd is nearly 2 and has an afternoon nap so I take ds to bed to nap with me and he wil sleep longer then (around 40 mins). He still drops of easily in the sling carrier and the car etc. I think this is fairly normal for this age?

HTH

mejon Sun 29-May-11 15:17:19

My 15 week old is pretty unpredictable. I'm currently trying (unsuccessfully) to get her to drop off as she's only had one very short nap today so far. Last week however I had to wake her one afternoon after she'd been asleep for over 2 hours. We had to do the school run and she continued to sleep there and back so had getting on for 3 hours in total. Usually DD will have a short-ish nap around 9 or 10 then another (hopefully longer) at lunchtime then short one again towards tea-time. She'll also sleep whenever we're in the car!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: