Talk

Advanced search

2 year old daughter keeps taking nappy off at night

(16 Posts)
onyva Wed 16-Mar-11 13:19:35

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stop my 2 year old daughter from taking her nappy off in bed? She is in pull ups and can take tights, leggings, trousers etc off easily. She wont use a potty and every night she wakes up screaming in a wet bed or sometimes worse!! HELP!!!

CointreauVersial Wed 16-Mar-11 13:21:02

Dungarees with a top over?

walesblackbird Wed 16-Mar-11 13:22:58

We had this as well. I used a babygro, reversed it so that it did up at the rear and he couldn't get out of it.

Alternatively, La Redoute used to make all in ones that do up across the waist at the back. They worked as well.

onyva Wed 16-Mar-11 13:25:01

Think I may just have to invest in a pair - I hadn't thought of that one although its kind of obvious! Thanks

onyva Wed 16-Mar-11 13:27:50

Walesblackbird you are a lifesaver! What a brilliant idea of yours to reverse it! I feel very clueless now but very thankful for your help. Everyone I meet has never heard of a child doing this so I am glad I am not alone!

gateacre1 Wed 16-Mar-11 20:40:13

ahhh this brings back memories
we reversed dd1's baby gros too
worked a treat
I had completely forgotten about that! I wonder if dd2 will do it too?

We also put her in a sleeping back too

gateacre1 Wed 16-Mar-11 20:40:35

bag not back sorry lack of sleep!

TheVisitor Wed 16-Mar-11 20:41:10

I put gaffer tape across the nappy tapes. grin

TysonNobdie86 Wed 16-Mar-11 20:43:21

Ds did this, dont worry it is just a phase and she will grow out of it. We ended up putting baby vests back on him till he got out of it. Luckily ds is quite little so vests still fit him

Imnotaslimjim Wed 16-Mar-11 20:46:54

hahaha been there, done that. we ended up stitching the sleepsuit onto DD every night cos she could till get out of it, even backwards! That was a year ago and after 2 weeks she gave up trying

chumble Wed 16-Mar-11 20:57:26

It is a phase and one we went through too. A nightmare and a mess to clear up with all the sheets etc when they wee!

We used sellotape on the band to stop DS doing this. Also pants (although he took them off!)

After the novelty wore off it stopped!

Could also try a reward system if you DC is likely to accept this!

nannyl Wed 16-Mar-11 21:20:28

if you get a poppered vest you can safety pin it closed, and then very hard to get a nappy off...

even more difficult to remove a pant style nappy than one with tabs with a vest in the way. wink

SeaChelles Thu 17-Mar-11 12:57:39

My friends little one kept doing this at 2 years old - they used sellotape to do the nappy up and he couldnt get it off - however the reversing the baby gro idea seems much more practical!!! grin

wolfhound Thu 17-Mar-11 13:04:46

Pyjamas over babygro, and sleeping bag over the whole lot. Works for DS1 (but he's only 19 mos so perhaps he will master the lot soon...)

billbob82 Wed 28-Sep-11 11:03:34

Bit late but could try the Houdini Locks:

www.houdinilock.co.uk

Octaviapink Wed 28-Sep-11 12:55:33

Why is she taking it off? Is she having a between-legs fiddle? DD used to take hers off all the time but now we just leave it loose enough that she can have a poke about if she wants to without taking it off. Seems a bit mean to deny access altogether!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now