Talk

Advanced search

3 year old hating strangers and being bloody rude to them!

(11 Posts)
icarriedawatermelon2 Tue 25-Jan-11 20:13:12

It is so embarrising Hisses at them and is so rude, shouts go away! Lovely, really lovely to people he knows. Odd or normal??

HerMajestiesSecretCervix Tue 25-Jan-11 20:21:26

DS (same age) does this too. Mortifying. I am hoping it is normal and that this too will pass...

petisa Tue 25-Jan-11 23:34:14

Mine shouts NO! at them when they smile and say nice things to her <cringe>

HerMajestiesSecretCervix Wed 26-Jan-11 10:02:21

I blame Spud from Bob the Builder. Ever since he saw him jumping up and down shouting, "Stupid, stupid, stupid," at Travis we have had no peace.

Does this stop? At the moment I am either ignoring him or saying, "No, sweetheart, we don't shout Stupid at people. It's not nice." We are not making progress though.

icarriedawatermelon2 Wed 26-Jan-11 21:23:05

Thank god I'm not alone! Today it was 'shut up' under his breathe when an old lady questioned what he was eating out at a cafe. (TBH I did think shut up too....but that's not the point).

petisa Wed 26-Jan-11 21:42:36

grin OP

Dd was so cute the other day wheeling her toy buggy round the supermarket that she attracted lots of smiles and nice friendly greetings and comments. And she practically barked at them all. She was definitely growling. blush grin

ElusiveMoose Wed 26-Jan-11 22:03:47

DS1 isn't exactly rude to strangers, but if they dare to speak to him they get 'the look', and total silence in return.

paperandpens Thu 27-Jan-11 20:29:08

this is so reassuring, my lovely 3.9yr old son if approached by people in supermarket or anyone trying to talk to him hides his face and says no (sometimes no thankyou) and on ocassion will just freak out and cry, no idea why tried reassuring him and ignoring it and are now trying to be firm,hes great with people he knows which is something i suppose.hope it just a phase.

skewiff Thu 27-Jan-11 20:38:58

DS (4 in March) shouts 'you're not my friend' to some people (mostly people in the supermarket).

He gives other people evil looks if they smile at him and often hides behind my back if people try and talk to him.

Otherwise he's a really confident, happy and friendly little boy!

icarriedawatermelon2 Thu 27-Jan-11 21:01:13

Gosh, it gets better/worse!! Sounds like a normal ish thing then. I think its made worse as his 10 month old brother is soooo cute and smiley and 'talks' to everyone in supermarkets making DS look even more rude!

Pepper1988 Fri 14-Aug-15 00:20:26

My 2 year old nearly 3 is so rude if a stranger talks to him! Sometimes he can chew their ear off and if he isn't in the mood he will action a punch and mutter 'er' and look away! It is so embarrassing will he grow out of this ??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now