Talk

Advanced search

2 year old stripping off in Pizza Express...and other toddler joys!

(4 Posts)
blanchedevereaux Sun 16-Jan-11 20:06:42

My 26 month old seems to be going through a "phase" of defiance and general pushing the boundaries. Yesterday, she stripped down to her bodysuit in Pizza Express (under the table where I couldn't get her).

I'm 40 wks pregnant with number 2 so I don't think I have my usual level of patience (or mobility - see restaurant experience above) but she just completely ignores simple instructions when she just doesn't want to do something. It's all a game. Her speech is very good so she does understand what she is being told to do.

I suppose I'm just after some reassurance that this is normal. What should I do when she won't follow the simplest requests ("put your jascket on", for example)?

DC2 is really going to go down well!

PieMinister Sun 16-Jan-11 20:22:08

DC1 is 24 months and is absolutely going through defiance like this. Nappy changes, clothes changes, nail clipping, baths, hair brushing, face washing is all a battle ground. She, too, had great language - and a fiendishly pleased/cheeky grin while she is up to all this ... grin

MrsNoggin Sun 16-Jan-11 20:23:46

Of course it's normal! You know it is grin. And gosh are you brave, going out for pizza express with a 2yo and a full-size bump.

Have you tried talking to her? I know that might sound silly, but my DD decided to start her terrible twos when I had the worst morning sickness. I decided to sit her down and explain that I felt poorly and when she was naughty it made me sad. I added that it made me happy when she did as she was asked and helped me. I wasn't sure if it was sinking in, but she definitely got better!

blanchedevereaux Mon 17-Jan-11 09:37:59

Thanks for the replies.

I will try the heart to heart. I think sometimes it's probably my patience level rather than her. I suppose I should see the positive side and at least she is confident, happy and assertive! grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now