Talk

Advanced search

15 mth old rejecting Clark shoes

(7 Posts)
Canuckistanishome Sun 16-Jan-11 15:01:46

My DS is walking well and so far has been in Robeez (soft soled shoes) when not barefoot. The shoes are fine outside if it is dry, but not in the rain or snow.

We bought him some 'proper' shoes at Clarks, but he bawls when we put them on, even if he isn't standing in them. Needless to say he won't walk in them either.

Any suggestions on how to get him to wear them?

sarah293 Sun 16-Jan-11 15:02:22

Message withdrawn

scrappydappydoo Sun 16-Jan-11 15:05:15

When you say proper shoes do you mean their hard soled ones or the softer soled ones?
It could be that they're simply not comfortable for him - maybe try a different style or brand?

flamingtoaster Sun 16-Jan-11 15:12:49

I agree with Riven - let him wear wellies outside for a bit. Once he is used to the feel of the wellies the shoes might even feel better than them! You could try leaving the shoes beside them - he may choose to wear them later. (We had to do this once - when my DD came out of hospital the first time (she was two, so older than your DS) she would have nothing to do with the shoes she went in wearing, or any other shoes in any shoe shop! She wouldn't even have her feet measured. She wore wellies for months - then I drew round her feet and used that as a template for some sandals. Left them in the hall without saying anything - she walked past them for three days before asking who they were for. I said she could have them if she wanted, and walked off - walked back in and she was trying them on.)

Canuckistanishome Sun 16-Jan-11 16:44:02

We tried wellies and snowboots, same reaction. We'll try some other shoes, see if the outcome is any better. Thanks.

Meesh13 Sun 16-Jan-11 19:55:05

Get him some really cool adidas trainers !! They are super cute and super cool, very good for early walking, I have just moved from soft shoes to solid soul shoes and have bought my 14 month old, so many hideous looking clarks shoes which ruin every outfit she owns! I then stepped into 'office' and hey presto.... super cool trainers to co-ordiante perfectly with her outfits, because I love them so much and smile and get her to say the word 'Shoesss...' she points her toes out to put them on.. !

allyfe Sun 16-Jan-11 21:01:55

My dd's first shoes from Clarks didn't fit her properly. I'd try getting his feet measured somewhere independent and not on a Saturday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now