Talk

Advanced search

13 month old won't sleep through

(4 Posts)
BMMum Fri 14-Jan-11 07:11:02

My 13 mo old goes to bed around 6.30 and will sleep until around 7 in the morning. However, she still wakes for 2 or 3 bottles of milk in this time. She eats well and has started refusing bottles during the day so I don't think she's hungry. If someone else goes in to her she'll sometimes refuse a bottle and go back to sleep. Hunger is NOT the issue. I've been advised just to ignore her crying overnight for as long as it takes. Should I do this, or offer her bottles of water instead of milk or any other alternatives. Who has managed this successfully?

mazfah Fri 14-Jan-11 08:44:30

Start offering water. Despite what the world wants you to think it's normal for babies to wake up in the night.

I blame the industrial revolution and the Victorians for all this 'leave them to cry' nonsense.

Imagine if your DP left you to cry?

Iggly Fri 14-Jan-11 08:52:24

DS had a growth spurt around 13 months and would want feeding at night. I'm at work so maybe he wants to see me too. After the spurt (lasted a week or so), he stopped waking so frequently - once a night around 11pm. He def had a spurt as was all of a sudden taller!

You could gradually reduce the bottles by an ounce at a time every other night so it's not a shock.

justalittleblackraincloud Fri 14-Jan-11 09:42:27

Babies waking through the night is normal. My nearly 18 month old still often has 1 or 2 night feeds! She's not being manipulative or naughty, despite what a lot of people seem to think. Whether she needs it for comfort or hunger, I don't know. But she needs it for now, so ho hum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now