Talk

Advanced search

5 weeks old and drinking 5oz every 2.5 hrs

(4 Posts)
spaceangel1382 Thu 13-Jan-11 09:48:58

My DD is 5 weeks old and drinking 5 oz of milk every 2.5 to 3 hours. Is this ok or shoudl i change her milk, using sma 1st baby milk at the minute. worried the quantity is too much for her

Shamechanger Thu 13-Jan-11 09:54:13

Spaceangel I would post this in breast and bottle feeding so you get the expert advice! The timing of her feeds is absolutely normal for her age, I don't know about the amount I'm afraid, I didn't introduce bottles til later and although DS1 would take 5oz at 5 months it may be that he would've taken 5oz at 5 weeks for all I know! .

How much do you reckon she has over the course of 24 hours? Is she otherwise happy, no digestion probs, not too sicky? By the way I wouldn't go on to the hungry baby milk at that age, my sister's HV didn't recommend it because it just makes the milk harder to digest.

nowwearefour Thu 13-Jan-11 10:47:49

both mine had a growth spurt during their 6th weeks and seemed to be taking in a lot during their v frequent feeds. sounds normal to me. i dont know about bottle feeding but it would seem that the milk is fine to me.

sunshineandshowers Thu 13-Jan-11 11:47:06

SHe should have (v roughly), 2.5 times her weight. So if she is 10 ponds, she will want/need 25 ozs a day.

However, my DS (big boy), was on about 8ox times 5 at about 8 weeks.

Follow the baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: